The UA Fort Smith Alumni Association will feature young alumni and what their life after graduation has been like. If you would like to be featured, please e-mail alumni@uafortsmith.edu.



Friday, May 21, 2010

Megan Raynor '05

It’s hard to believe I’ve been out of college for five years. I graduated in May 2005 with a Bachelor of Science-Business Administration. Since my time at UA Fort Smith, I’ve been able to travel, find the ideal job, and purchase my first home.

With my family after my graduation

Being out of school allows me more time to spend enjoying my favorite leisure activities-reading and spending time with my family and friends. Traveling is at the top of my list, as well. My graduation gift to myself was a trip to Mexico. I enjoy the peace and quiet the beach and ocean offers. Another big trip I was fortunate enough to take was to Rome and Venice. Being away from Fort Smith when I travel makes me realize how much I love living here. It’s not too big or too small, just right for me!

At the Coliseum in Rome-April 2006

While going to school, I worked for the Accounting department at Sparks Health System. A little over a year after I graduated, the perfect job opportunity fell in my lap. I was told Hanna Oil & Gas Company had an opening in their Accounting department and needless to say, I have called it my “work home” ever since. At Hanna, I make sure the billings are sent out each month, I analyze our financials, assist with accounts payable and accounts receivable, and the list goes on! I enjoy the constant challenge my job brings. It’s hard for me to believe that this August I’ll have been here for four years, and I plan to be here many more!

 Busy at work!

June 2008 I took a big step and purchased my first home. I continue to be grateful that I was able to do this at what I consider to be a young age, and I truly love being a homeowner.

Hanging out with some of my favorite people! I’m on the far left

Some other notably fun chapters in my life have included participating in the Citizens Police Academy (2005), the Citizens Academy (2007) and the Citizens Fire Academy (2008). These were all great experiences. I definitely gained a greater respect for the people and departments that work together to run our great city of Fort Smith.

I am currently involved in the 2009-2010 Leadership Fort Smith class. I have met a lot of wonderful people and am sad it is coming to an end soon. However, each end is a new beginning and I look forward to the next chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment