The UA Fort Smith Alumni Association will feature young alumni and what their life after graduation has been like. If you would like to be featured, please e-mail alumni@uafortsmith.edu.



Friday, April 23, 2010

Brook Lang '05


My name is Brook Lang and I graduated from the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith in May of 2005 with an Information Technology – Web Development Bachelors degree. I was hired by ABF Freight System, Inc. as a Web Analyst in March of 2005. My duties included monitoring project schedules and timelines to ensure customer needs were met, project management between Director request(s) and programmers/customers, and lead projects until the end result was complete. In November of 2008, I was laid off due to budget cuts.  

(My family)
I looked for jobs for 9 months and repeatedly was told I was over qualified, frustrating to say the least. Yet, He had a plan for me and in August of 2009, my dream was realized and I opened Ultimutt Dog Care, LLC in Fort Smith with my best friend.

(At the ribbon cutting of Ultimutt)

Since then I spend my days grooming, watching dogs in day care, and overseeing the daily functions of a business.


No comments:

Post a Comment