The UA Fort Smith Alumni Association will feature young alumni and what their life after graduation has been like. If you would like to be featured, please e-mail alumni@uafortsmith.edu.



Friday, June 18, 2010

Kevin Bowen '04, '09

I graduated from the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith in 2004 with an Associate’s of Applied Science – Radiography degree, where I served as the president of the Lambda Nu Honors Society, and then obtained by my Bachelor’s of Science Imaging Sciences-Management degree in 2009. About six months before I graduated in 2004, I was offered a position as a radiologic technologist in the emergency department at Sparks Regional Medical Center. This job was the beginning of what has been a very successful career.

In 2005, I was approached with a job offer to work as a computed tomography technologist at the Medical Center of McKinney in McKinney, Texas. This was a great opportunity for me, but it would come at the expense of moving away from my entire family. After a lot of deliberation and prayer, my wife and I decided to accept the position, which turned out to be the best career decision of my life (so far). I began my career at MCM as a staff technologist, and I have since become the manager of our outpatient imaging services. I also serve as the chair of our outpatient product line committee, where I have headed up numerous projects including building and opening a new outpatient imaging center, and more recently, our ACR accreditation program.

UA Fort Smith completely prepared me for my career, and I cannot think Dr. Nancy Hawking enough for pushing me to better than what I thought I could be. She has been, and still is, a true inspiration to me!

Business Trip to LA

Me and the family

In May of 2004 my life was changed forever when my wife, Amanda, decided to take my hand in marriage. She has been there for me and supported me throughout my career, and I cannot thank her enough for that. Without her, I would not be anywhere close to where I am today. My wife and I now have two beautiful boys, Braxton and Ethan, to help keep our lives busy…as if we needed any help.

My oldest son Braxton


My youngest son Ethan

Our evenings are now filled with baseball practice, soccer practice, swim parties, and bedtime stories.

Me and Braxton at his baseball game

 I cannot wait to see what will unfold in the next chapters of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment